Our new series, “Forward,” will take us through nine key qualities of a growing, fruitful disciple. As we aspire to a greater, more exciting walk with Jesus, we can take active steps towards growing deeper in our relationship with Him.
Like newborn infants, long for the pure spiritual milk, that by it you may grow up into salvation—3if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is good.
– 1 Peter 2:2,3
We know that our relationship with God grows and becomes deeper and more meaningful when we go deeper into the Word. To challenge us to develop that discipline and desire to read God’s Word, we invite everyone to participate in our 21-Day Bible Reading Challenge!
Join us and commit to going deeper in the Word every day for the next three weeks! You will be asked to do the following:
- Set a time and place to read the Bible every day.
- Commit to using our Reading Plan, based on Psalm 119.
- Use a notebook and pen (or your preferred device and software) to record insights.
- Practice S.O.A.P.:
- Scripture—Read a portion of Scripture slowly and thoughtfully.
- Observation—Reflect on the Word. What does the Word say about God and the people in the passage?
- Application—Apply the Word. Does it reveal an attitude to change, a sin to forsake, a specific promise to claim, an
- example to follow, a command to obey? What did you learn from this passage, and how will you apply it in your life?
- Prayer—Respond to the Word in prayer.